Meet Someone Now

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Gay filing "Married Joint" Taxes?

I know tax season is long gone, but I had to share with you the way we file our income taxes. Bob and I are registered in California as Domestic Partners. Because of this DP affiliation, we were required to file our state returns as "married joint", even though we are not married. We still filed our federal returns as single, because this is the law. It seems to me that the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing. I find a little humor in knowing that California is just making it harder on the IRS and the Fed's, by throwing more tax loophole rules into place (for us gays). Has anyone else experienced the same kind of tax issues, due to their states odd gay marriage regulations?
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment