Meet Someone Now

Friday, August 7, 2009

Shelter your children?

I agree with JarinAmin...
As a Jehovah's Witness growing up, I was sheltered from the "real world" and had little to no interaction with peers because they were "bad association". I was taken out of the public school system around 5th grade and home-schooled through high school. Because of this, it was very difficult to understand the "real world" when I finally went off on my own. Needless to say, I found myself very ignorant on a plethora of topics and still struggle with my viewpoints to this day.

Taking a child out of reality may do some irreversible harm to their social skills....
Tony

This is in response to an article I read about on-line gay high school at http://www.365gay.com/news/online-gay-friendly-high-school-launching-in-january/

No comments:

Post a Comment